1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
how close to stock does he want to keep his car? i mean theres always intake,chip,exhaust,cams and some other things that'll add some power

·
Registered
777 Posts
boost controllers are really good on supra's....not so much on vw's 1.8t's love chips, a chip will give your car more boost AS WELL as adjust the air/fuel ratio giving you more power and a better ride through the whole rpm range.... im a vr6'er but ive heard when you get it chipped you can swap it to stock and back to performance through the c/c switch... im sure you'll get alot of advice and good names to look for on this thread there are several fast 1.8's on this site...

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
If you go with a GIAC chip you can bring it back to the place you got it when you want to get rid of the car and they will put the stock chip back on, just make sure you keep it.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
If he wants to stay close to stock, some parts to look at are:

Race N75 Valve (ECS, J or H)
Aftermarket Diverter Valve
Cold Air Intake
Cat-back Exhaust
Direct Port Programming

Companies:
Forge Motorsports
Milltek
APR
Revo
Carbonio
Evolution Motorsports
Borla
Magnaflow
(also check the drop down menus on this site)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Get an APR or Revo Direct Port chip program. Best gains for the buck, and he can have it reset by the people who installed it, or the dealer if he wants to

I recommend the APR, but that is entirely opinion, has little to no fatctual basis, and carrys no merit unless you naturally trust the advice of strangers. I just trust their company more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, he likes the idea of the chip, because he had a lot of problems with the car early on resulting in VW giving him a 7 year extended warranty for free...he wants to keep it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts