VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I understand that on the dash that the adjuster on the right resets your tripometer and the adjuster on the left adjust the dash clock. So I'm wondering how do I change the display in the middle to show how many mpg's im getting or other messages besides my average speed.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Is your screen blank? You probably don't have the MFA cluster. That function is controlled by the left turn stalk.
Standard cluster

MFA

Fis

Usually only TDI's, GLI's, 20th's, R32's and 337's came with the MFA and FIS clusters

·
Registered
322 Posts
20th's don't have the MFA cluster, just FYI. I don't understand why though.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
I wasn't a 100% sure. Is so hard to keep track of which cars have what options. Almost all euro designated mk4's have mfa. Basically if you have a red center light area in the clust you probably have mfa.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an 2004 gli and at one point it was showing the mpg info. Now its just showing average speed (which is always at like 30mph even though I'm at at about 60mph) and I just want to see what else there is. I kept messing with the left turn stalk but i just got the clock to change time.

The owners manual was of no help since it only shows what the icons mean, not how to access them. btw did the gli's just come standard with a normal jetta owners manual because thats all that came with the car?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Its on the right stalk on my GLX. There is a small button on the underside of the wiper stalk that switches from the short trip function and the long trip function. Short trip resets after sitting with the car off for an hour or so. To change between modes, on the end of the same stalk (right hand size with the wipers) there is a little rocker button on the end of the stalk that switches between modes. Should show average mpg, current mpg, average mph, trip time, and trip distance.

Like I said, it may be different for your car, but I dought it. I have an 02 GLX btw so you can add it to the list of cars that come with the mfa.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
my 02 glx didn't so screw you :|

This is cool information though. Didn't know those speedos were so functional.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i figured that out since i finally had time to sit in my car and fiddle around since I had to let it warm up for 10min since it was 18 degrees today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts