VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Two days ago I bought a 2014 jetta se with the new 1.8t, 5 speed manual. Love it so far. Last car was a 1998 Dodge Ram SS/T with a built motor.... Quite the difference. Anywho, I was tired of getting 12mpg highway with a tailwind with my 50 mile commute daily. The amount of money I'm saving in gas from that truck pays for my car payment and insurance, unbelievable.

Anyways I love this new car so far and have put 150 miles on it. I saw this new motor was getting great reviews, test drove one, and can vouch that it is decently quick.

I'm looking into basic bolt ons and a tune, but there doesn't seem to be much out there for this engine yet.

Furthermore, can anybody fill me in in on some wheels and tires for this thing? New to this whole German thing, so what is the bolt pattern for these wheels? Not a bit fan of the hubcaps... Lol.

Anyways, glad to be here and I'm sure I'll be posting here frequently.

·
Resident Post Whore
2,544 Posts
Thanks for buying a VW! It is people like you who make sure I am employed! haha So to answer your question that motor is still fairly new. It is how ever just a lower displacement version of the 2.0t found in the GTI and Glis. The motor is quite awesome and let's not forget about the torque.

APR is the go to company for anything vw. Their website is goapr.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't see why 2.0t bolt on parts would not work with the 1.8t
Thanks for the reply man. I'm only interested in really an intake, diverter valve, and tune as far as performance goes and I'll be happy. I see the carbonio intake now fits the 1.8t so I'll start there. Thanks for the website!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts