VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about 6 weeks ago I was a full fledge Honda owner, I was on my second Honda, 1st a '92 Accord then got a '00 Civic that was Mildly built and was so clean! Weekend Track ready car! Loved it! Then some A**hole decided he wanted it and STOLE it! Yeah, people:fen: still steal cars these days. So at the time my wife was ready to move on from her '06 CRV, so I showed her the Tiguan. Well she fell in love with it and bought a lightly used 2013 Tiguan 2.0T S. Awesome little suv! We both love it! I a have always like VW but never decided to get one. So with the recent purchase of my wifes VW I went for a Jetta! I knew I wanted an older one because I hate having a car payment! Just dumb in my book! So I opted for a early 2000s Jetta! Still look good in any year, like my '00 Civic. So I ran into the cleanest one in my area, I think, that was for sell and picked it up! So now my family are VW owners, and not sure if we will go back to Honda, but they are my first love and well I'm still young (sorta). So that is my intro into Vdub life (<== not sure if that is a saying or not).

So I know pretty much everything there is to know about building a B series motor but not much about building a Turbo motor besides the obvious. Good brands versus crappy brands... what works better than others... best bang for buck... suspension (well i did install a full coilover suspension on my buddies gti, so i'm good on that install knowledge!)

But in any case if you read all of this, Thanks! I'm hear to learn and have fun!

·
Registered
3 Posts
intro

Hello im Miya yes a woman. New to this obviously i purchased an 04 passat and have put some work into it already. No maintenance records. So im doing small things. MAF replacement new tires. New air filter, wiper bades. Change oil like im suppose to, btw ive done the work myself. I will be replacing the coolant sensor and i hope i dont have to change the 02 sensor but.... anyway im confused about if my vw needs a timing chain or belt? 1.8t. When buying replacement parts it has a timing chqin tensioner and seperate a timing belt with water pump do i get both?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts