VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2011 TDI Sportwagen. So far so good, but I am having trouble pairing my phone via bluetooth.

Some details:

I've got the sunroof/nav package and also have the steering wheel with the buttons. It has an RNS 315 nav system (software version 0011) and the bluetooth module part# 5K0 035 730 (SW 1020 / HW:H09). I'm using an iPhone with iOS7.1.1

I have read that iOS7 can have issues connecting with bluetooth. I've tried to troubleshoot this, with no luck. However, I'm worried that its the car that has an issue. When I scroll through the menus on the MFD, I never see anything that says "No Phone Connected" or refers to bluetooth pairing. When I turn the car on, or press the phone buttons or the bluetooth button, I don't see anything prompting me to connect a phone. In the nav system, the "Bluetooth Audio" setup says its Bluetooth is not available. The "Voice Control" button in the steering wheel doesn't seem to do anything either - though I haven't really looked into this yet..

Questions:

Should I see a "pairing" prompt on the MFD before a phone is paired?

If so, and the bluetooth module is bad, would this prevent a phone pairing prompt from showing up?

Is there a way to test my car to see if it is set up for bluetooth pairing?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem Solved!

After digging around on other VW forums, I came across some people with the same problem (no Phone setting appearing on the MFD). The solution was to un-plug BT cable from the module under the passenger seat, turn on car for 5 seconds. Turn off car and plug back in that cable, then turn on car again. This time the menu came right up, and pairing was not a problem with the iPhones.

Good luck if you've got the same issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts