VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I looked around and I can't seem to find anybody with the same problem.

When I turn my headlights on, my front wipers make 2 to 3 passes. Then stops in its normal position. This only happens when I turn my headlights on. Other than that, the front wipers operate perfectly on any setting and speed.

The rear on the other half is malfunctioning. When I turn it on, use the wipers and then turn them off, it doesn't turn off. It makes a few more passes and then just stops wherever it wants to. Sometimes right in the middle of a pass. Sometimes right at the top of the pass and other times right at the end of the pass.

Anybody know where to start or if these two problems are connected? I am really only worried about the front wipers starting and stopping with the headlights. The rear isn't a big deal to me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE: for the past couple of days, my wipers make 1 to 2 passes when I first start the car now as well as when the headlights turn on...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sounds like some major electrical problems. I don't know much about this but first thing I would do if check for some kind of relay switch or start tracing the wiper wire if you can find it.

Maybe check the fuses first and see if that could be the problem (highly doubt it but worth a shot.)

Also it may be your... thing that you use to turn your wipers on and off may be going bad. Whatever that control is called. Those would be my first ideas.

·
Registered
265 Posts
ok its called the wiper switch.. not sure if its your problem.
intermittent relay switch is also another part I would check into.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man. I have been looking into a bunch of different things. Looking through forums and my chilton book. At least I have somewhere to start. I hope it isn't any thing major. I might just have to sell it and get me something newer with a turbo :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts