VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm new to the Dub scene, used to own a coupe civics and an accord before but decided to give VW a try. Just picked up a 97 Jetta GT. But I have a few questions.

1. The powerlock motor is loud, it that normal or is it on it's last legs.
2. The am/fm/cass with cd changer controls, can that work with any changer or does it have to be oem vw.
3. What can i mod to get a lil more power outta that 2 litre.

Thnks

DubPhreak

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
first of all, congrats on changin from a ricer to a duber. to get some more power u can chip it avg price ($100) intake, and get a cat back exhuast, cam, theres many possibilities. most of it depends on your wallet. hope u enjoy your dub.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I have a 1997 gls jetta and the locks are noisy no worries there.I have in jetta ,intake, exh.,chip ,short shift kit,and other mods. .You will be happy don't worry.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The locks are operated by a vacuum so your hearing air being pumped... nothing to worry about... second, the cd changer needs to have the same connections as the head unit to make a correct connection... therefore only vw changers will work... as for power... chip, CAI, cam, exhaust, and plugs, wires, ect...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated, I should be taking delivery of it on thursday. I'll keep you updated maybe even some pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts