VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
newbe Gtivr6?

i just bought a gti vr6 2001 and i want to hook it up so far i put a aem cold air intake in but i need some help any ideas on makeing it fast with out turbo or supercharger all engine websites any thing thanx.....

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
newbe Gtivr6?

next i would recomend possibly getten a cat back exhaust system. this will help out with your CAI and get u a lil more power. Neuspeed, Thermal, Techtonics are jus a few good companies that offer exhaust systems. hope this gives u a start.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
newbe Gtivr6?

WELCOME TO VWF!

After the CAI and exhaust you could think about a chip maybe. Suspension is alwyas as big one for VW's, since handling is kind of their downfall. Shocks and springs would be a good direction to go in.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
newbe Gtivr6?

You could also check out some cams and underdrive pulleys. A header might help too. there are quite a bit of "all motor" mods available for the VR6's.... try www.autotech.com they have quite a few go-fast bits for the VR6's

·
Registered
22 Posts
newbe Gtivr6?

If your goin for power to get out of that motor but keep it N/A, all the things above are good ideas, such as intake chip, pulleys, cams. If you can spend the money, go for a full exhaust system, headers and all. Cams would give you a nice amount of power, especially top end. A new intake manifold, Schrick makes ones for the Mk3's, not sure if they do for Mk4's would also be a good investment.

[ June 18, 2003: Message edited by: babydubk2 ]

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
newbe Gtivr6?

I would say: cat back exhaust, suspension, and chip, for aprox. 20-25 hp gains, does anyone disagree? I recommend thermal cat back. It sounds really nice on my vr6. for a bit more gains, as fli said, go with a pully (I hear turn2 makes a nice pully), and cam shaft. best

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
newbe Gtivr6?

on a side note, does anyone know of a company making cams for the 20V? I haven't seen any yet, I guess it just gets too complicated?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
newbe Gtivr6?

Eurospec makes cams for 20v motors with mech and hydro camshafts. Do the newer cars use hydrolic cams and older ones use mechanical ones? I'm thinkin the hydro cams are for the new 20v 1.8t's and the mechanical are for the 5 cylinder turbo Audi motors. Anybody know the deal? Anywho, I'm not sure what the durations or degree of the cams were, but you can check it out at www.eurospecsport.com

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
newbe Gtivr6?

sweet... good link boarder, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts