VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all you vdubb folks,i have a 1998 volkswagon passat with the infamous 1.8 turbo,my flex pipe is getting louder by the minute,and im wonduring if someone out there has done one and wouldnt mind sharing there experience with me-us.thank you in advance.and if i can help anybody out i would be happy to .:confused:

·
Registered
517 Posts
I usually cut out the flex section and weld in a replacement from the auto parts store. The replacement sections are about 8" long.

If you don't have a welder, you can buy the entire head pipe with the flex already in it. Usually also need new bolts for the connection at the catalytic convertor, a gasket for that connection, and a new clamp for the attachment at the mid pipe.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Just take it to a shop. Last time I had one installed on my b5 it cost me about 75 bucks and 30 mins of my time. Call around tell them exactly what you have and get a price. None of this "I have to see it" all they want to do is get you in the shop. I have no experience in NH maybe someone else can chime in with a good exhaust shop. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts