VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i just got my 2nd VW, i had another 03 golf but it got totaled...anyways i have a new 03 Golf GLS, im going to put a 12' sub in the car along with a 1200 watt amp...But i dont want any rattles so im gonna install Dynomat, i can get the dynomat really cheap if install it myself otherwise if i have them install i have to pay the retail price.

I need to know about removing the door panels to install the dynomat is their a DIY manual or guide or does anyone have any tips or anything??? Thanks alot

·
Registered
112 Posts
You don't even need the Bentley really.....All of the panels come off in a very straightforward manner, but it will help you if you feel uncomfortable pulling apart your new car.

BTW, if you look into it, there are a lot of other companies that make sound deadening besides just dynamat. You can get a similar product for MUCH cheaper (also, dynamat is REALLY heavy, which of course is good and bad). I've got edead v2 on my car: http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep/edead.htm

Oh yeah, and make sure you install it yourself. That's the only way you'll be able to tailor everything to your liking. NEVER pay a shop for that.....they'll rob you so badly and probably do a worse job than you would do yourself.

Also, I would probably recommend some kind of spray sound deadening for the rear hatch (it's really hard to cut a flat sheet to fit there).

What kind of sub/amp are you going with? 1200 watts? Is that rms @ 4 ohm? I don't know what your budget is like, but I'd recommend a 15" over a single 12. Or maybe dual 12s. Have fun!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Yeah, dynamat at a shop is crazy expensive. Even best buy charges $60/hr for labor on it. If you do it yourself I recommend getting a wooden roller from a hardware store. You can really get it flush wih the car this way.

I'm not sure what you'r budget is either but, if you want a 12" that will knock your socks off. Get a JL 12w7. My cousin's setup runs over 140db with a JL 500watt amp. Putting a JL 1000watt or another 1200w on it should be insane. Not that 140dbs isn't already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts