VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so a month in to owning this car, I've had my turbo issues resolved, and the wheel bearings and hubs taken care of. Thank you to those who provided input and to -vdub- for the helpful information used to fix my turbo issues.

Next up and hopfully the last of the "annoyance" issues is the whine noise it makes when turning the wheel. Really only does it and slow "parking lot speeds." It's a fairly loud noticeable whine noise.

Would this be most likely a power steering issue? That's really all I can think of at the moment :confused:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Power steering is right. Add OEM fluid if low. Look for leaks at the seals
I will check on this tomorrow if the rain stops. Is being low on fluid the only reason this would be happening or could it be any number of things related to the power steering....

I mean when my car is low on gas, it still runs the same as it would if it was a full tank..

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yes, you can have a lot of noise if the fluid is low. The Power Steering system is very different from the fuel system.

Definitely start by checking the level. It could be something else potentially, but why go down that road? Start with the easy thing first. If its low, make sure you add the right stuff. Pentosin CHF11s is what you should use.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, you can have a lot of noise if the fluid is low. The Power Steering system is very different from the fuel system.

Definitely start by checking the level. It could be something else potentially, but why go down that road? Start with the easy thing first. If its low, make sure you add the right stuff. Pentosin CHF11s is what you should use.
Well I checked the fluid, it was even with the MIN line. I checked out the hoses and found that someone had taken a zip tie and for whatever reason squeezed the hose right down before where it goes into the pump. I cut that off and checked again and the fluid was completely empty. Took a whole bottle to fill it back up to normal again. So that issue is resolved. No more whining noises!:D Thanks for all your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts