VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
You can't really compare a 1.8t to a vr6 in any way. Weight balance, unsprung weight,... for a fair comparison of the products you need to have a standard car.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
You can't really compare a 1.8t to a vr6 in any way. Weight balance, unsprung weight,... for a fair comparison of the products you need to have a standard car.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree on that. How much heavier is the VR6?

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I have seen that car in person at the Enfig Motorsport North Jersey BBQ. It is indeed a fine car. He retrofitted a 6 speed O2M from a Jetta GLI in there...its nice. And its supercharged.

Funny thing is...hes got a body kit and all...but its all chipped up because he actually drives his car. Thats my kind of enthusiast there.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
stock mk4 gti 1.8t Manual = 2,860 lb
stock mk4 gti 1.8t Auto = 2,913 lb
stock mk4 gti 12v vr6 = 2,999 lb

that orange vr is HOT

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
They said there was no understeer with the Koni/H&R's. Personally, I still have understeer in my car. Maybe it's because I don't have asway bar though, I know the rear sway is supposed to do away with understeer.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Hey 10% off quaife and techtonics, and 20% off autotech is all good. Plus, I live like 10 minutes from bear. I might be hitting this guy up soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts