VW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your car have a nickname or a name?My daily driver 1986 golf gl is named miles,for the reason it has 230,000 miles on it!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
My car is named Haunz (sp). When my dad had his TT it's name was Auto, and when my mom had her BMW 325 XI sport wagon we named that Gretchen. She now has a 330ci Convertible and we decided to name that Bitch.
jon

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ha, obivously if you can't tell my name, but car's nickname is Penguin. I've been looking around for a detail job to put some penguin's waddling on my side skirt, but havn't found any at the time

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Heh, well my GTI is named zorak, just cause of the color similarity, and Zorak is the king on SpaceGhost.

My wifes Beetle is yellow and black, so we call it bumblebee(gee, how original, right?)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Her name is Schnell even though most of the time i refer to her as "my car" or "the gti" her official name is Schnell

·
Registered
844 Posts
I've never really been big into the naming of cars thing. The way I see it, it I can't yell "here (insert name here)" and it doesn't come, then there's no point in naming it. But that's just me. That, and I've never really been that creative. Maybe you guys could help me out.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I suggest you name it "Lady" after that one song called "Lady In Red." It just has a certain ring to it, but that could just be me!

Synthogen

·
Registered
844 Posts
I was thinking of a male German name, something like Hans or something. Heh, if I had a Ferrari, I'd have to name it Shu or Shume or something like that after the god of F-1!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't really call my car anything but it says
HIROSHIMA...as in I drop bombs like.
Just my thing against their thing.

ME vs. the Honda

·
Registered
124 Posts
My baby's name is the tighty whitey

·
Registered
119 Posts
Heh...funny you say that about naming it a German male name...mine's name is Fritz. Long story on the name...but everyone makes fun of me b/c I named it a guy's name, when "everyone knows cars are girls." Well you look at a black 2002 GTI w/ 17's and tell me it's a girl. Ha! So Fritz it is.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My car has two names. The regular name is Grey Ghost. The other name is only when im "fixing" something, then its name is Fuck shit god damnit

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Everytime I race a Japanese car... wether it is on the street or quarter mile I pet her on the passenger's side center console and say "That a girl... Good girl" which basically started when I baby sat my brother's Doberman "Vicky" he always called her that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts