VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a nitrous kit for the VR6 that would work with mostly stock engine components...fuel pump etc.? Ive heard the stock VR6 can safely handle up to a 60-70 shot, and I would like to run maybe a 50 shot. Anyone have experiance with the VR and nitrous?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Putting nitrous on a stock car is like someone who smokes... there gonna die sooner.. its as simple as that... without nitrous you could get maybe 150000 miles out of your engine before you need to do some sort of rework.... with nitrous you'll probably get maybe 100000 to 120000 miles at the most....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i realize the motor's life will get cut short, but like the one dude said, the motors gotta go sometime...So does anyone know if there is such a kit?

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Try calling CUSTOM IMPORT PERFORMANCE out of east stroudsburg P.A. .They are on this forum .

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
But who cares if you can have a extra 50hp.You will rebuild your motor anyway, if you want power.

·
Registered
175 Posts
nitrous is like turbos and superchargers, do it right you get great performance gains nad long engine life, get to much and and then you get to rebuild early. ZEX makes a nice kit that doesnt use buttons and nopi carries some kits.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well guys ..The Zex kit works very well on our cars.I have a Zex kit on my GLX running a 55hp shot and have had no problems ..I have installed about 15 of these kits on dubs with no problems..they are a great addition to a car with a good motor..If you are thinking of boosting your ride ..take your car to a qualified mechanic and perform a leakdown test and a compression test ..if you have any doubts..call us or Zex..these kits sell for $500-700 depending on the options you buy with the kit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts