VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2004 MK4 Jetta GLS 2.0 for really cheap.

As the title reads I have found some issues with the car after giving it a once over.

Dash/Radio lights - My Dimmer Switch is not getting power. I was wondering what the next step would be. I checked all the fuses and there is no issue.

Cooling Fan - I read about testing the plug and a CFM. Which should be done first?

A/C - I changed Electrical-Switch & Relay: A/C Clutch Switch and it did not fix the issue. Any suggestions?

I'm not in a huge rush but would like to get it on the road ASAP.

-Ang

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Does the car over heat? let it sit at idle till it starts to inch past mid temp. At 3/4 to red zone both fans should kick on. If they do the fan module is fine.

Probably the lack of power to the switches is causing the a/c not to kick on. These cars are notorious for a/c problems though.

Not sure where the dimmer gets its power but Google searching does wonders. I would but I'm at work.
If the car doesn't ovwrheat at least it's road worthy for now

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the car over heat? let it sit at idle till it starts to inch past mid temp. At 3/4 to red zone both fans should kick on. If they do the fan module is fine.

Probably the lack of power to the switches is causing the a/c not to kick on. These cars are notorious for a/c problems though.

Not sure where the dimmer gets its power but Google searching does wonders. I would but I'm at work.
If the car doesn't ovwrheat at least it's road worthy for now
I haven't let the car get to the point of over heating yet. I will let it sit at idle and see if the fans kick on.

I smelled the wire that is going from the battery to the A/C and it smells burnt. Does anyone know the gauge wire that would be run from the battery to the A/C?

I've done tons of research on Google which is what led me to posting here. I figured people that post would have more background knowledge then some of the crap that is out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts