VW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,m on my way to work today I travel the P.A turnpike from new stanton to cranberry 6 days a week about 70 miles each way well anyway as I,m getting on the turnpike this obnoxios neon with the full on fast an furios oaint job decides that he has to be first on the on ramp that I,m obviouslygetting to first .I slam on my brakes let the retard go an get on his bumper I see him looking in his mirror an just wait for him to make his move I hear him wind the junk up an just ease into the throttle still in 2nd gear were going abuot 50 so i slide into third well hes hammering the junk around the on ramp an we blast onto the freeway at about 100 I still in 4th gear were passing everything hes weaving thru traffic an I,m still a permanant part of his rear bumper I get a chance to pass so i slam down htird whip out to pass him an he cuts me off so i go inside he cuts me off againnow I,m pissed off if you cant go faster than move over after a couple of more blatant attempts of under powered racing tactics I shoot to the inside then fake him to the outside an pull up next to his "racecar"an give him the universal lets run em signal , he looks so smug that I,m either going to blow his doors off or blow all 16vs thru the hood well we sloww down to about 55 an jump on it after 4th gear were still pretty much side by side so I just go for it an floor it an hammer 5th an Im gone puuling away pulling away 110 120 130 135 I,m freaking fling an that piece a shit neon is just getting smaller well I get to my exit chuckling an pay the toll go into Butler to the sheetz to treat myself to a ice cold Gallikers chocalate milk geuss who pulls in right next to me neon numb nuts well he gives me a head nod I smile an nod back guy comes up tp the car an starts asking questions about turbos an nitros all I say to him is two words vdub power nothing like it bone stock 16v golf with all the dents an faded paint smoked a 20,000 frigging neon shoulda bought a VWthats all I had to say

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
nice man! tahts is one funny story. and your car is stock? how fast did you get up to? but all i gotta say is HELL YEAH!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
sweet man, i hate neons. what a bunch of crap.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I have played with a couple of noens before.They are a big waste of time,acually I raced a noen r/t.But it still ahd nothing on my vw.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
My town seems to be a freakin' NEON-MOD County.

But the neon was named properly by DOdge, each time you get it you got a "Knee-ON".

·
Registered
20 Posts
I actually had a '97 Neon Sport. Cheap, fun, reliable car that cornered pretty well. I bought it lowered, but other than that it was all stock. It was nothing to match a good dub, or even your average Honda, but for $6000, It got me through college. I'm not saying go out and buy one (heaven forbid!!), but I had good memories. Sure beat my old Ford Mustang II. Ugh.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ah, sweet Kaiserstrasse. No, sadly, the red light district doesn't do it for me. I've been here long enough to have needed it a time or two, though.

[ March 25, 2003: Message edited by: ijump206 ]

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I lived in Bad Kreuznach for 17 years, dude. Just south west from you. Less then 1 hour drive. Small freaking world isn't it?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
hey, if you are not a German citizen, can you live there? i would love to live there just for a year or something, i think it would be fun. i am almost as obsessed with Germany as i am with Dubs so yeah. and TF, its a new sig every day isnt it? man, the black was nice.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
A friend of a friend "fast and furious"ed his neon. It has a huge park bench on the trunk, custom seats, neons, exhaust, etc...

I take pride in whooping on em each and every time I see him.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Guys hold on here. The new turbo charged SRT-4 neon is 215 bhp and they claim it can do 0-60 in under six seconds. I am not sure my car can do that stock. Well if we mod ours but think about a modified turbo charged neon. I would be worried about that one
nav

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
There was a big debate about this on 'Tex and the bottom line is this. Yea, they might now have a more powerful engine then what we get stock. but in the end, it will still be an ugly ass neon, it seems that now everyone is trying to catch up or even excede VW right now in performance. but it also looks like that VW is going to be a year behind everyone when they come out with the MK5. as for the "ideas" in what the MK5 may look like is a question that noone can really answer right now. Also i don't think there was ever an acutal list from VW of what the new powerplants will be. It's said that theres going to be a 2.0T. now is this the same 2.slow that we have now?? or is it like our 1.8t that we have now with .2 more displacement? Also i'm sure the new Neon will be real cheap on the inside and out. how many neons do you see today that are still in great condition from when they first came out? now compair that to dubs. that's the final answer i could come up with after everything.
jon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts