VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post so bear with me. I have just bought a '93 VR6 Golf and it's great but I have a slight problem. When I open my car via the remote total enclosure alarm there is a buzzing noise coming from the ? rear water pump in the boot !
I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that my rear wiper arm is busted, although the buzzing has only started yesterday......

Thanks for any sugestions
Benji

·
Registered
182 Posts
My guess is it would be the lock that locks the gas flap down. But if it is an actual buzz...I don't know. I always hear mine when i lock or unlock. It sounds like a robot arm moving or something.

·
Registered
180 Posts
do all your locks, lock and unlock fairly quickly?... the lock servos are vacuum operated so you may have a leak in one of the lines..... if you notice one of you locks are slower than another ... thats your answer

·
Registered
182 Posts
I HAD A LEAK IN ONE OF MINE...THE DOORS WOULDN'T LOCK AND IT MADE A CONTINUOUS HISSING NOISE TILL THE VACUUM SHUT OFF

·
Registered
676 Posts
That hissing sound is your central lock vacumn, if you listen close to each one of your doors you will be able to hear a small hissing sound coming from the panel. Rather than going to the dealer you should be able to find sections about the same size at hardware stores and you can get connectors too. Honestly though, getting a replacement line is the best thing but hey we all like to save money.
Had the same problem with mine and was able to use the cheaper stuff to do mine up. Hope this helps!!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
have you found the leak?... if not you might want to look and the fuel door lock... the gasket on that tends to wear away from the gas being splashed on it... thats a common leak... $40 for a new piece... or you could just bypass that lock...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts