VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I joined to get you guys opinion. I'm searching for a 1.8t golf/jetta. I have found one for cheap. 1000$ for a 2002 1.8t jetta fully equiped except for the seats. But only thing is it has 180k miles (300k km).. Is this something I should without a doubt stay away from or is it not entirely bad? I plan on chipping it with an unitronic stage 1+ or 2. Ideally I wanted to go stage 2+ but that needs a k04 turbo swap and I'm not that familiar with these motors yet. And as for the 1+ or 2, I am leaning more towards 1+ because it requires no mods and runs 20psi, while stage 2 needs a turbo back exhaust kit and runs 18 psi and only offers 10 more hp. Is stage 1+ what I should go with? And is this jetta a decent but or should I keep looking .. Remember.. My budget it tight atm

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
well, considering its that old, and has 180k on it. the timing belt probably needs to be done again. the turbo is probably getting ready to blow. back the fuck away from it if it is an automatic. and even if its a standard, its still got high mileage so its getting pretty old for a tune and stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts