Knows nothing about VWs
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Owner Member Name: fubardub-Brian
Year: 2005
Make: Volkswagen
Model: GTI
Color: Silverstone Gray

Summary of the car: Bought the car in June of 07 with 17,xxx miles on it. From day 1 it was being modded. first with a cup kit. then followed by side exit exhaust. i then began looking into wheels. i wanted something wide and different. got a good deal on C4 Vette wheels and have been running them ever since. Found out that the car was chipped when i installed a boost gauge and it peaked at 23-24psi:D. Wanted to change up the interior so i did a camo headliner and pillars. Recently installed Raceland coilovers and have the daily ride height at 23.25in. the gti is daily driven 60 miles round trip from home to work and back. as of now it has 53,xxx miles on it. i have only had minor problems with coilpacks blowing out. Future plans are 3in downpipe to 3in side exit, FMIC, aftermarket sways front/rear, retro-mod the headlights, timing belt/water pump this coming spring, and whatever little things i come up with.

Pictures:
Day 1

Ocean City

First Snow

Vette wheels arrive!

Wood Trunk Floor

Backed into my wife's 08 Jetta:lol: Got it fixed a week later.

Love that PA salt!

Racelands arrive

Cats enjoying the fabric for headliner and pillars

How she looks now.

Engine Specs:
AWP 1.8T Unitronic Chip. Race N75, Forge 007, K&N filter on MAF, Stock DP, stock cat to 2.5 side exit magnaflow exhaust.

Suspension & Wheels
Raceland Coilovers 23.25in. daily ride height.
C4 Corvette Wheels F:17x8.5 et56 215/45-17 Falken 512's R:17x9.5 et56 235/45/17 Falken 512's. Adapter are 33mm 5x100 - 5x120. Wheels painted antique brass metallic

Exterior Specs:
Rep. R32 Side skirts textured, textured mirrors, grill, hatch spoiler. smoked markers. Joey mod headlights, painted tow hooks.

Interior Specs: Black Leather, Camo headliner, ABC pillars, shortened shifter, kenwood headunit, VDO a-pillar boost gauge, C-pillar bar, wood floor in hatch, brushed door pulls.

Notable Acomplishments: Probaly my wheels and suspension as of now. Being CEL free is good too.

From all of the VWF staff, Congratulations on being chosen for our November ROTM!

it is truly a sick auto and we are happy to recognize your hard work. Keep us posted on it's status and mods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts