VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
probably not. You will give up comfort for performance. Are you using your stock shocks with the neuspeed springs? hope this helps. If you have ever took a ride with someone with sports springs, or drove a car with them on, you will notice a def change in ride. I love my car lowered, love how it drives. Matter of preferance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've changed the old struts to gas struts, Bilstein Shocks. I'm ready to do the springs soon. I don't want to lower the car too much, because we get alot of snow in the winters here.

Although, what's the difference with all the spring choices that Neuspeed is offering ? They all seem to be marketed the same

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I got the Sport Springs and I love them.
1.6" initial drop... about 1.7" after it settled. Compared to APEX 1.6" initial they will settle at like 1.9" to 2" which spell crap. Although APEX makes good quality at their higher priced springs go figure.

H&R and Eibach are very good choices as well if not better.

·
Registered
349 Posts
if youre looking for a decent spring with a somewhat smooth ride, try the RPI setup. the neuspeed has a much stiffer ride and both drop the car about 1.5 - 1.6 inches. i have the RPI springs on my car now but am putting my neuspeed sport springs back on because of the way they ride. the handling is awesome especially with wheels and strut bars. all this is with tokico illumina shocks though so i dont know how the bilstein shocks will perform.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got Neuspeeds on my '02 GTI VR6. It makes for a stiffer ride (hey, if you're looking for comfort buy a Town Car ;-) ), but the handling is pretty awesome. The lower look is an added plus.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by koolvr6:
I've got Neuspeeds on my '02 GTI VR6. It makes for a stiffer ride (hey, if you're looking for comfort buy a Town Car ;-) ), but the handling is pretty awesome. The lower look is an added plus.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm trying to do this out of necessity not a luxury...As I stated in my original post, lowering a car in Canada is a dangerous proposition.

Wish I was spoiled by your southern climate, town cars don't drive well on these roads. I imagine Texas doesn't have winter climates like Atlantic Canada... just lookin' to smoothen the ride while dodging a barrage of potholes within an acceptable speed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts