VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 B5.5 30V ATQ, 92k miles, I bought a VAG code reader off Amazon (due to CEL) and initially got a code pointing at the upstream B1 O2 sensor (cant find that code number now...and it is now cleared). So I bought the exact fit Bosch 02 sensor, and went to work on it. HA! Yeah, right! Even PB Blaster couldn't break it loose...so I drove it to a local, trusted garage and they couldn't break it loose either. Soooo...they sent me to a muffler shop that would be able to heat it up to break it loose. Prior to any work at the muffler shop (while car was up on lift) they told me that my CAT was shot (on the same side the o2 sensor was bad). No worries, I already had the 02 sensor for them to thread on when replacing the CAT. Sooo...New CAT and pre-CAT O2 sensor(upstream). They cleared the CEL and I was gone.
Later in the day I was running errands, and CEL popped again.

Now 2 NEW codes

17526 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating; B1 S2 - P1118 - 35-00 - Open Circuit
17522 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor; B1 S2 - P1114 - 35-00 - Internal Resistance too High

I took it back to muffler shop and had their mechanic look to see what's up...they wanted me to leave the car for the weekend so they could "possibly" fix it. I did not leave it with them, I cleared the codes, and they came right back within 2 miles...

Can anybody help?
Any possibility the new CAT or new pre-CAT O2 sensor have anything to do with this?

Thanks all!!!
Semper Fi!

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
17526/P1118/004376 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating; B1 S2: Open Circuit

Possible Symptoms
Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) faulty
Possible Causes
Wiring/Connectors from/to Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 2 Heating faulty
Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 2 Heating Circuit faulty
Possible Solutions
Check Wiring/Connectors from/to Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 2 Heating
Check Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 2 Heating Circuit

17522/P1114 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor; B1 S2: Internal Resistance too High

Possible Symptoms
MIL On
Possible Causes
Faulty O2 Sensor
Wiring Harness Issue for O2 Sensor
Possible Solutions
Inspect O2 Sensor and Wiring Harness. See Repair Manual.

could be shitty 02 sensors. should be OEM sensors installed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts