VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so last night I put on my new wheels. And adjusted the height on my coilovers. Everything went smoothly, until I tried to move the car. My car was sitting on small flat wood planks. So I backed up off of the planks and while I was doing that. I was noticing I was having to put more power then usual just to get off these planks. Knew somethin was a bit odd about that. So I got car off the wood planks and as I went to reverse more. The car didn't move and wouldn't go anywhere. So not sure if when I lowered it, now it's hitting something causing the wheels to not turn or what. When I finished it was dark and was pretty tired as it is so I just left it alone till tomorrow. But thought I'd check what you guys think.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
E-brake might have stuck a little bit. There's no way you lowered it enough to not be able to move forward and back haha.
Might have been a plank behind one of the rear tires.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Gli brakes aren't that big though. Did he put on 15s or something?

I know my wheels are pretty close to the coilover collars. The damper itself is pretty far away. Should have noticed that kind of clearance issue while trying to bolt the wheels up though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same issue. I got a free set of chrome wheels off a friend, they fit but when I tightened the wheels down they smashed the calipers.. and yea they were 15's... but it was free.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Issue was taken care of, thanks for all the input.

Posted a picture of how it sits now on my build thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts