VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have 23K on my 01 Golf MK4 and the dealer is stating that my pads are almost gone. Is this something that VW has looked at or is this just me? Can anyone recommend which brand to purchase for replacements of this factory pieces of ****?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
PBR Delux. No brake dust, great cold stopping, cheap. I've been running the ones on the rear of my Rabbit for about two years and they look like new. Probably more of a statement of how light the back of the Rabbit is than how good those pads are, but I suggest them still.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I have pagid pads on my front. I have had them for a while now, and work great with my brembo cross drilled rotors. I have heard ebc are also good. my friend has them on his volvo. but the ebc are very expensive. hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas.... I don't have anything special on my Golf and have babied it thus far. I just want something that will last for more than 20K. Thaanks again for all of the input.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
It's really strange that you need them this early. Usually the rear ones in MK4's go after about 35-40k and the fronts last another 15 or 20k. I just had my fronts checked out after 55k and they are still fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I noticed on the alldata.com website, that the rear brake pads had prematurly wear so that is why I think that my MK4 is one of those few that had fast wear. My fronts are over 50%, but the rears are at only about less than 15% per VW dealership.

Thanks for your concern.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
My fronts were 75% and my rears ruined the rotors at 21K.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts