VW Forum banner

301 - 320 of 358 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
hey i need you to quote me on a project i have in mind that i want you to build if your interested rodger

i wanna take these

and these for the high beams

with the 20th headlight fogs installed also like these

really just want all projectors and just the turn signal being the only non projector in the housing and to have all of it painted black. i think your up to the task expecially after looking at all your work lemme know what you think about it i am also considering doing dual projectors on a mk5 style housing for the mk4 gti/golfs like you and fubar were discussing earlier in this thread

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Ive looked into what you wanna do. Essentailly the Mini h1/D2S bixenons are too big for the high beam spot. I do have the "Matchbox Bixenon" which is essentailly a bixenon fog light and fits Perfectly in the high beam spot.

For the low beams Id recommend a high quality oem projector (low or bixenon) opposed to those honkers. Just not enough space to do it right. Id suggest the Lexus RX-AFS low beams or something similar to that. The oem G37 Bixenon, tuned with clear lenses also look VERY good but a bit more work to get perfect.

·
Knows nothing about VWs
6,954 Posts
Had a 9007 Halogen Bulb burn out again. I have to change bulbs about every 1-2 years it seems and my DRLs are shut down. I have run stock, Sylvania Ultra, Sylvania Ultra IIs so far. Trying out the Phillips Extreme Power this time. I heard they are slightly more yellow than the Sylvanias, but have longer life and are actually a brighter output compared to Ultra IIs. We will see....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi guys, man its been too long..... Just wanted to tell you i have found a way to get the burnt reflectors to about 90% functioning..... I am currently trying to fix my set by covering the reflector with aluminium tape i am then going to polish it with some metal polish to make it nice and shiny will let you knoe how it holds....

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
I finally figured out why my headlights were aimed low the other day btw. Theres that circular piece in the back that props them up. I must have forgot to lock them back up-right before install lmfao

·
Registered
34 Posts
MAN YEAR AND AT WORK...bossman decided i had to work 12 hours a day for the last three months basically...but hey...year end bonus is gonna rape normal bonusses he he....

so i did the tape thing on a set of lights...will post pictures over the weekend....

this far i would say i gained back about 40% of the light that had decided to not be refelcted ha ha...and thus far the tape is holding up...i kinda bought myself some new wheels...stil got the mk4...sold the wifes mk1...gave her the mk4...as its safer...and well it gives me peace of mind...and bought myself a frankenstein....its a vw beetle pan, with a 2.0 van motor and a willys jeep body...running the ghettofixed projectors as fog lights there...will keep you posted...

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
those look great.

this thread has always been an excuse for rodger to whore his headlights on lol

·
4,054 Posts
I gotta let it out somehow. No one else appreciates em :p
I think you get plenty of appreciation on instagram :p

Oh and I noticed a bunch of your pics from the previous page have been "moved" so they don't display anymore. Just so you know :K:

301 - 320 of 358 Posts