VW Forum banner

321 - 340 of 358 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
so when you going to tackle my idea bi xenon q45 retrofit (one projector for high beam and Q45 projector for main driving light) ? :D

pic for inspiration lololol but id like the housings black and the high beams to also have projectors, with the 20th fogs and clear turns if possible of course :p

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
I dont have the need to tackle that yet really. A project like that is SUPER specialized and the projectors are very expensive.

On top of that, I really only like letting lights ship being as sealed/solid as possible. I dont like hacked up houisngs.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
I tried one out.
They are incomplete but I need to get to work tonight so they'll do for now. (shroud didn't fit and halo for inside shroud was too big as well.)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Shameless Retrofitting Inc.

im kinda scared to start tearng apart headlights. electronic stuff like that makes me nervous.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Yep ds3.0 x lens. And might I add very nearly as bright as the hella evox's with 55w ballast + bulb.

I'm no pro like Roger. Case and point my shrouds aren't even on. Wiring is pretty easy. Bixenon and my high beams work haha.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
F that noise. If you want me to make some come to minnesota and bring beer and the materials to do it haha

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
For me its just too tedious to do for someone who isn't a friend I can have a beer with.
Not sure how you did it, must not have had to deal with too much of that glue.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #340
whelp, it was only a matter of time!

Got a chance to get these cleaned up and retrofitted with some MiniH1s. Ill get better projectors in there one day, but for the mean time these are better than the valeo h7s. I do have a set of Valeo d2s' I might switch clear lenses into...

321 - 340 of 358 Posts