341 - 358 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
Yeah, dont get me started on the TRS stuff now. haha

Another GLI set done...

btw, this guy...

And not mkiv content, but fuck it. These are clean and now retrofitted with minih1s. Yeah not my usual caliber of projectors but they sure beat what was in there before. Half tempted to mod the stock valeos and toss some CBI bulbs in.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
got any dual projector gti headlamps sitting around waiting to be made :3? lol

really interested in picking up a set of these with the e code foglight assemblys aswell and if it can be black you get brownie points :D

·
4,054 Posts
Picked up a free set of GLX lights off a buddy of mine a few weeks back. He's already painted the shelves black for me so they look like GLI lights so I'm pretty excited. Come Thanksgiving or Christmas break I plan to start working on them. There's a couple areas that need some silicone, but it shouldn't be a big deal. I plan on ordering a set of Helix glass lenses too since the ones on there are the worst I've ever seen on MK4 lights so we can't have that and finally I'm thinking about some Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs.

I did want to retrofit them, but I don't have the time right now so maybe some time down the road.

I'm also kinda curious how the wiring will work out since I purchased lower grille fogs from ECS a few months ago. I may have to end up splicing a section of the harness I got from Psst so the built in fog lights come on when I turn on the lower grille ones.

·
4,054 Posts
Lower grille fogs :K: Im scared to do any electrical on these cars.
DIY guides always make it easy so I just follow them haha. So far the lower grille fogs and the euro rear fog were easy. I imagine throwing in the new headlight harness won't be a big deal either. Just as long as your battery is disconnected nothing can go wrong :K:

·
4,054 Posts
Started working on the lights a few days ago. Put the lamin-x on the lenses and took apart one headlight. Just working on getting all the old sealant out now.

·
4,054 Posts
Got one headlight completed. Looks awesome with the new glass lenses on. Running into an issue with the second one though. One of the adjusters broke inside the assembly basically where it connects to the back portion of the reflective piece. I've tried using the silicone i'm using to seal the lights up with, but it's such a tight and small spot it's just not holding. Anyone have any ideas that I could try?

·
4,054 Posts
Finally got these installed last week. All that is left to do is hook up the internal fogs and adjust the beams.

·
Knows nothing about VWs
6,954 Posts
Yeah, i prob need to add some lamin-x to mine at some point, love my glass lens other than i can't get a good picture of them as they glare in photos haha.

Lights look great miller, now get those fogs hooked up!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i love my HID's i just got 6000k's and they are bright as hell i wouldnt go any higher than that though. I put them in saturday i think i have them adjusted pretty good i want to tweak them a little though

341 - 358 of 358 Posts