VW Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I need to learn how to use photoshop.
i think i might dip my rc's white. can someone photoshop them white for me?
thanks guise.

not mine but basically identical.

·
4,054 Posts
Basically just take my car when I had white rc's on it and lower it. Black on white looks good dude :K:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Basically just take my car when I had white rc's on it and lower it. Black on white looks good dude :K:
yeah i know i think it might look real good! thats why i wanna see it all put together, low+gli+white rcs. all at once.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Ha won't look like your POWDERCOATED wheels. Not even close.
Plasti isn't even close to as reflective and glossy as paint and the color dulls to an off-white extremely fast. I plasti dipped the c5s white before I did paint to get an idea of the color. Even the oil on your fingers will off color the plasti dip and be nearly impossible to get off. But you can just respray that spot of course.

You could try the plasti dip thinners see if that gives a better result, I just used the stuff right out of the can the way it is. Some people get finishes practical to cover an entire car with. Personally I wouldn't even touch those with plasti dip. They look great the way they are. If you really must do it I'd go with 3m vinyl wrap. It's much more washable than plasti dip and wont start to peel off when it comes in contact with debris. Also it will be a much brighter and cleaner white.

·
4,054 Posts
My rc's weren't powdered coated though ;) But good point about the texture. Only good thing about plasti-dip is that you can remove it if necessary and it's cheap.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Ha won't look like your POWDERCOATED wheels. Not even close.
Plasti isn't even close to as reflective and glossy as paint and the color dulls to an off-white extremely fast. I plasti dipped the c5s white before I did paint to get an idea of the color. Even the oil on your fingers will off color the plasti dip and be nearly impossible to get off. But you can just respray that spot of course.

You could try the plasti dip thinners see if that gives a better result, I just used the stuff right out of the can the way it is. Some people get finishes practical to cover an entire car with. Personally I wouldn't even touch those with plasti dip. They look great the way they are. If you really must do it I'd go with 3m vinyl wrap. It's much more washable than plasti dip and wont start to peel off when it comes in contact with debris. Also it will be a much brighter and cleaner white.
I agree, won't look anything like millers bbs. it will just be a flat white, that probably is real hard to clean. I've dipped my wheels twice, and my friends wheels white/black (ricey), and as long as I shake the can enough and its not too hot out, it will come out decent enough. My wheels have enough curbage on them, if I were really going to go through with painting them, I would refinish them with that metal puddy stuff. I just wanna see how it looks white for a little while.

I've been looking for spraypaint that could match the shot peened finish, but to no avail. I just don't have the heart to get rid of that finish despite the curb rash from the PO's. It goes too well with the BMP paint. Thats why I'm just gunna dip it for now.

My rc's weren't powdered coated though ;) But good point about the texture. Only good thing about plasti-dip is that you can remove it if necessary and it's cheap.
Bingo, I don't think i could ever get rid of the shot-peened finish.

·
Registered
163 Posts
So is this thread still alive? lol
I was hoping some of you would help me on figuring out what color I should go with my stock C5 wheels I was thinking gunmetal, white, or gold or anything you guys will think will look good. I have a 2001 vw jetta and its white oh and maybe some tinting too. Also im going to need some lowering. Pictures of the car im going to post are not my car but hopefully u guys can mess with them thanks.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts