VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. i just got done moving out to Bellevue and i replaced that damn motor mount. i had to take a pipe that goes from my intake to my throttle body off and there was oil in the T.B. i was wondering if that was bad or ok? also, i put our some nice black/blue smoke when i start from a stop or just rev high, like 5000 RPM and up high. well, thanks and i like the changes to the graphics DB. its been like a month or so.

·
Registered
26 Posts
your definitly burning oil
it sonds like oil is getting mixed in w/your gasoline
when your air goes to the TB it looks like the oil is coming up that way to escape(when your air is mixing w/your gasoline)
this isn't good but not deadly
check oil pressure
then look for faulty parts

·
Registered
180 Posts
the oil is coming up for the vent valve on your valve cover ... if you have the digifant engine, which i think you do... the plastic vent is no longer made by vw... however, if you get some carb cleaner and soak it pretty well... it should loosen things up for you... also the valve cover has some holes in it underneath where the vent valve is placed .. it kinda looks like a screen... clean them out real good.... when you start getting up there in milage, the car tends to burn oil like this ... don't worry about it ... its bount to happen sometime... just keep the stuff i was talking about clean... however if it does get worse than it is.... it could also be because your piston rings are worn down and oil is seeping into the gas.... then its time for a rebuild.... but your not there yet... thats definately a good thing

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help. i will try that this weekend when i have a few hours to shit round with her. i got school and everything now so cant. but thanks and i will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
96 Posts
pop your valve cover off and see if you have the slash gard over the camshaft, if not get your all to the dealer and order one because that will save you alot of problems and fix your oil burning problem

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey, still havnt had time to do anything to her. just had homecoming and i borrowed a 2002 Audi A4 1.8t from a friend cuz i needed 2 doors. fun ride. we put some H&R coilovers and the RS4 wheels on it! i got some pics so when i get them developed i will send them out. how much do you think that part will be? any thinks on it? well thank everyone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts