VW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 Tiguan TSI
I have an oil leak somewhere up on the valve cover. I don't think it's a valve cover leak though because the oil is puddling up on top of the valve cover. I did already replace the crank case oil separator thing hoping that was the issue with internal pressure. It almost seems like it's coming out of the valve cover bol
Motor vehicle Automotive design Auto part Gas Automotive fuel system
Light Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Metal
but not sure. When I use a towel to clean up the oil and then drive it I still can't locate where it's coming from. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The oil leak is most likely coming from the valve cover gasket. This is a common issue with Volkswagen vehicles, and is usually caused by improper installation of the gasket or age and wear and tear.

There are a few possible solutions to this problem. You could try replacing the gasket yourself, but this can be a difficult job if you're not experienced with car repairs. Alternatively, you could take the vehicle to a mechanic and have them fix it for you. This will likely be the most expensive option, but it's also the surest way to fix the problem.

The reason this issue occurs in Volkswagens specifically is because the valve cover gasket sealant tends to harden over time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts