VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed my oil in my 95 jetta and the oil light keeps coming on, it has plenty of oil and no leaks or noise or temp rise...new car to me never changed oil b4.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
On my 1986 golf I have the oil buzzer come on then go out too.The oil pump is fairly new and the oil gets changed about every 3000miles .

·
Registered
9 Posts
What oil viscosity did you use? Using below what is recommended in the owner's manual often times causes the oil light to come on; especially after cruising on the highway, or at higher RPMs for a while.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Id go with JJ on this, good quality standard mineral oil rather than anything expensive & synthetic! ..You dont say which engine you have, but the pressure sensors are a possibility ( esp on 16v s), the other possibility is where the engine has been rebuilt by a silicone sealant enthusiast, alot of this tends to end up on the face of the strainer in the sump that feeds the oil pump.

Most likely just the oil viscosity

Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
In my golf I run 10w30 oil.Nothing fancy like synth.But in my jetta and my girlfriends cabby I use castrol snyth 10w40 in the winter and 20w50 in the summer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
right now i have mobile one synthetic in my car right now it's 15w50 (they don't make 15w40 synethic)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem. I had the oil pump replaced along with the main and rod bearings not too long ago. I think its the pressure sender this time, so it's time for another run to the junkyard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts