VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a 03 jetta 1.8t for almost a month now and the oil light has been turning on over and over again. I changed the oil and the sensor but nothing affected it. Any idea what it could be?

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,443 Posts
bad oil pump? low oil level? low oil pressure? high oil pressure? might want to hook a mechanical oil pressure gauge to see if its getting the proper pressure. i would not run the car until then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one of my friends told me resetting my ecu might fix the problem...u think that could fix it?

·
Registered
234 Posts
reset ecu = story of my hondas life
you never know what itcould do. but a lot of the time it just hides the problem andi t comes back

·
Registered
316 Posts
reset ecu = story of my hondas life
you never know what itcould do. but a lot of the time it just hides the problem andi t comes back
i agree this is nothing like a honda these ECM are very very very smart. you have a problem and it needs to be addresed and the car should not be driven if so serious damage to the motor may occur.

with that said if oil level is correct and oil pressure sensor and switch has been changed use a wiring diagram and make sure that wires have not been crosses. then use a manual pressure senor if low or high change oil pump and do a very thuro engine oil flush if nothing changed take to a licence profesinal with a lot of experience with newer VW

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
maybe stupid.. but make sure u dont have a bad oil pan.. i know when my friend smashed his on account of it being low.. it had a small hole in it. and caused the oil light to flash... new oil pan.. new oil.. problem was solved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts