VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people i have a prob. ok i have a 92 jetta. and when i slow down real slow or i'm at a complete stop my oil light flashs..now when i'm driving it don't blink at all..what could be causing this?I have oil so don't tell me to check.

·
Registered
32 Posts
check your oil sending unit...it might be shot or the sensor for the oil light might have took a shit..try changeing out the fuse

·
Registered
203 Posts
hey i got a couple of questions for you
1. is it fairly hot where you are?(warm enough to wear shorts and a t shirt)
2. do you travel at highspeeds for long periods of time? (long as in like 20 mins from point a to point b)
3.what weight of motor oil are you using? 10w-40?
if you awnsered yes to all of them or just 2 an 3 i have a suggestion for you.
You should change your oil. i suggest that you use 20w-50 in the summer time (as in hot/fairly hot) and use 10w-30 / 10w-40 in the winter time. i had this same exact problem with my 92 cab.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes to all them it's only when i am driving for like hmm..i'll say 20 mins cuz when the engine is kool the light never goes on.I'm going to get my oil changed tonight so see if it helps..Thank you for answering me..thank u....there's really only one thing that depresses me besides death and thats when theres something wrong with my DUB

·
Registered
203 Posts
well good luck to you and to when you get your oil changed if getting a thicker weight of oil doesn't work you might want to check what teamspeedandsound said

chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts