VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i think i found it. i had it out again today and parked it layed on the ground and look under. i could see oil dripping down from between the tranny and oil pan, which leads me to believe its the oil pan gasket. easy job? also, the piece that the oil filter screws seems to have a leak from where it meets the block. is that an easy fix? what needs to be done? n how much?

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
It's very possible that the leak between the trans and the motor is the rear main seal. It's a real pain to replace.

The one on the oil filter flange is easy once you get all the extra stuff out of the way.

·
Registered
364 Posts
yeah it does suck if your rear main is bad, I was replacing my clutch in my rabbit so I figured I should replace the rear main, I'm glad I did. If your rear main is bad, replace as many thing you think you might need in the near future. I repaced my rearmain, my pan gasket, but instead of a regular cork gasket pay the extra money and go with a windage tray, my clutch, and my trans mount seemed a little doughy so I replaced that to. The housing gasket is no prob, three allen key screws and you golden, go to the dealer you might have to order the gasket, it only cost a couple bucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts