VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
still learning my new vw. noticing that my oil pressure is all over the map. sometimes it sits midway, other times its 1/4. other times even lower than that. it never goes over mid point. i also notice a faint whine during cold start and it will last a couple minutes. anybody think this is oil pressure related? i'm having a laundry list of issues with this car and not being familiar with vw whatsoever has me worried a bit on it. :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Probably vacuum lines for the pcv system. Check all the lines on your intake. 1.8t cold start noise is normal from the secondary air injection system.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what are exactly the other issues? and use search this has been covered several times
http://www.vwforum.com/forums/f15/help-2001-golf-gls-1-8t-oil-pressure-problem-54223/

It taps like a bitch at idle..sounds like a diesel truck..which i've read is either normal or very bad. Apparently the previous owner put an aftermarket bov on which i've also read is very bad. Its only pushing 5lbs of boost but it sounds like it is pushing 100lbs at all times. Slight power loss after shifting into 2nd. And sometimes it acts like it will stall out when starting up but as of yet that hasn't happened. Ugh

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
if your 4 cylinder block witheld 100psi of boost on stock internals id be impressed but it sounds like you have a shot turbo or the vac line going to the wastegate is leaking or shot there could be a couple other issues here

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Fuel map is getting screwed from that bov. Put on an oem recirculating valve.

1.8ts have hella loud injectors makes them sound like a chain driven or disel motor

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I've got 2 lines coming off my intake that aren't connected to anything. Also there is a plastic black box looking thing that's connected that is just laying on top of the motor. no clue what that is for or what it's doing there...

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
those 2 lines are why your boost is only 5 lbs. i forget exactly where the straight one goes. but that little valve theyre attached to on the turbo inlet pipe is the n75 valve. that is your electronic boost control valve. if that is not working/hoses unplugged etc it will make the turbo run at wastegate spring psi. hence why its only 5 psi.

it looks like they ran the wastegate vac line to the charge pipe and tried to bypass the n75 valve. that hose with the bend i believe is the one that connected to your charge pipe where that one line is connected that appears to go straight down to the wastegate. the straight one im not sure exactly. i will try and remember to look at mine tomorrow and report back. once you get that sorted out with the n75 and put a recirculating dv on your turbo issues should be solved as long as nothing else is disconnected

1 - 12 of 12 Posts