VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what optima battery would be the best for my car and does the color of the top matter?

·
Registered
129 Posts
color does matter. What do you have for a system in your car?

Blue Top = Deep Cycle, Marine and RV use.

Red Top = Good for systems, high Cold Cranking Amps

Yellow Top = Holds a big charge, good at being totally discharged and re-charged many times. Good for having as a second battery in a car where you run the system without the engine running.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
194 Posts
What if I were to get to the blue top and bump my system with the engine off. Would it drain any faster than the other two?

I want the blue top 'cause it matches my color scheme but which one is the most useful one?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine is for my car and my system pushes out a max of 1600 so yellow?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yellow Top. Buying a battery for looks may seem fine, but you'll be snapped out of that dream when your 6 month old $150 battery is dead and useless from constant drainage. Batteries for this kinda $$$ are built for very specific purposes.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
im plannin on pickin up a yellow top this spring sometime, i've heard only good comments about optima from a few friends that are using them.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
My red top drained this part winter.I was able to bring it back to life though !Cold weather sucks !

·
Registered
364 Posts
I got a red top and the thing works great, if your hooking up a system use a yellow, thats what I got for my brother and his never died and he's pushing about 1600

·
Registered
129 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Derek:
color does matter. What do you have for a system in your car?

Blue Top = Deep Cycle, Marine and RV use.

Red Top = Good for systems, high Cold Cranking Amps

Yellow Top = Holds a big charge, good at being totally discharged and re-charged many times. Good for having as a second battery in a car where you run the system without the engine running.

Hope this helps.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeloow's great, if you run your system without the engine on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts