VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone change their outside sideview mirror themselves. I'm having a hard time removing the door panel. 4 screws and all the perimiter clips were unfastened but the panel is still staying on the door. I can't get to the screws behind the tweeter to get at the inside of the mirror.

--In need of wisdom

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I did. I will look at it later today to see what the problem is. I don't quite remember removing the panel completely. Therefore you don't have to either.

You just pull it towards you far enough to reach that screw.

·
Registered
74 Posts
did you remove the screws inside the handle. you must pop the cover (WOOD GRAIN OR WHATEVER YOU HAVE)off, it is the handle you use to close the door from the inside, and there are two copper screws in there. hope this helps!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Jake I never removed it completely. I know to make it easier in the long run you should like it says in the >B< Manual but I did it without the hassle.

·
Registered
37 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by :JaKe::
did you remove the screws inside the handle. you must pop the cover (WOOD GRAIN OR WHATEVER YOU HAVE)off, it is the handle you use to close the door from the inside, and there are two copper screws in there. hope this helps!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HOLY HELL, jake... what happened to that 96 GTI - i want details

1 - 6 of 6 Posts