VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well my 08 jetta rolled over 100,000 miles. that gives me over 230,000 miles driven in a VW counting my mk4 and scirocco. so now that the jetta is on its way to death its in need of some help. the stock suspension is pretty much toasted. so what better solution than some ST coilovers. ordered those and a basic suspension rebuild kit. so waiting on the coilovers and other goodies. oh and tapatalk is nice. i couldnt stand the mobile web version.

quick run down of plans for the car.
coilovers and suspension/steering refresh
serpentine belt and waterpump
sparkplugs
maybe coilpacks
clean MAF(never did it)
new air filter(want to build a CAI or a box for it
respray sideskirts
fix fog lights
tranny fluid and filter. this one scares me.

and when i aint driving, im flying.

https://youtu.be/46eNUsRNWsg
Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Its crazy what a little low can do to make the car look so much cleaner. Interested to see how you fix the rust also, my brother's b6a4 fender is toast.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im just going grind that area down, filler if needed and primer. probably wont paint it for a while.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
little box of parts came from Europaparts: inner tie rods, serp. belt, and tranny mount insert.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
peeled this off

to reveal...

sanded it

primed it

honestly only spent 10 minutes on it. im probably going to pull the fender to treat the rust underneath. for now it will do.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am still alive. Recently did a water pump diy video which will post. Also welded in a new flex pipe section. I feel like a kid again today. Just went and picked up OEM BBS CH028's for the Jetta. 18x8 235/40's ET43

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Those look real clean on a mk5. Did you just go with a generic flexpipe? We're about to weld in a new flex pipe on my brother's b6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rattlecanned the wheels. Spring time the are getting curb rash fixed, stripped, and powdercoated oem silver.
Radiator is cracked. Just turned over 126,000. Have new fenders but am holding out until I get smaller tires.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
replaced a ball joint. think cv shafts are on their way out. exhaust is leaking again. took a picture the other day.
also got this truck for free pretty much. it will be my new project. going to turn it into a trail truck.
79 f150 4x4 400 auto. needs floor pans, rockers, door work, fender work. bed is shot. might build a steel flatbed. frame is good. have not got it to run yet. cranks and gets fuel. havent checked spark. my end goal is lifted enough to fit 35-38in swampers on 15in wagon wheels. 4spd swap. paint it silverstone grey. going to make my own bumpers. bed line the whole inside floor. debating on bucket seats or bench. no hurry to fix it up. just going to be a slow build process.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I couldnt even get up a slight incline in the jetta with Achilles and 1 inch of snow on the ground, couldn't imagine it was any easier with nankangs lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
free mkv. come and get it....
been trying to get the inner cup out for a couple hours now. starting to get resourceful...
working on my beer muscles too

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
got it out. welded up a attachment for the slide hammer. locks in place with a bolt. 2 slides and it popped free.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 40 Posts