VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jus thought i'd let u guys no of some process on my jetta.. today i started my custom stereo enclosure... its sorta hard to explain without pics. i have 2 polk 12"s and it sorta wraps around the trunk in the shape of a half circle but yea hopefully ill finish that up tommoraw morning and my friend and i are starting the "shaving" lol.. most likely gonna work on the rear door handles as a start. im looking to remove all the door trim and eventually get another trunk lid and have that shaved as well. ill hopefully get some pics to show the progress..

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Sounds like you have a lot of work cut out for yourself. Good luck and pleeeeeeeeeeeeease post some pics.

Speaking of cutting and shaving... I am cutting the hood on the driver's side.

Just a small 8" x 3" shark fin just to the front and above the CAI to feed it more air in the upcomming and long awaited summer.

[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice, yea if i can get a hold of my one friends dig cam ill have pics.. yea my friend who is helping me with the shaving works at a body shop for a living. he's pretty creative with customing body stuff. the only bad thing is ill be rollin around with a few primer spots for a lil bit haha.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Don't be ashamed...

I rolled like that (SEE BELOW) for full day. 24 hours of "WHERE can I hide feeling".

Also please notice my stupid wing back then and the car wasn't lowered for a month after the bodykit went on.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well we did pretty good with the projects... i almost finished the custom stereo enclosure.. all i need to do is make a stencil and cut out a design in the floor board. b/c im thinken of mounting a neon underneath it jus as a added show feature. and i also need to get some carpeting this week. as for the body work we removed the rear door handles and started on them. next saturday ill be spending all day on the shaving... ill keep the progress posted .

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hey TNP, my old dub (96) we did a custom enclosure in the spare tire well. One of our concerns with my mechanis was getting to the fuel pump. Is this gonna be in the way or are you willing to just chance it?

I really can't wait to see it! I wish the wifey woulda let me keep the 96 dub as a project rebuilder car. Too bad a deer decided to play chicken with me without me seein him comin.

DAMN DEERS

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually i traced a template on the floor and got a piece of particle board cut out to fit in the trunk as a base piece to mount everything on. the base template is elevated about 1.5 inches so i can cut out a design and still have room to run wiring and neon tubes.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey vw013 what color was ur 96? did u ever enter any shows in pa? i mite have seen u before b/c i remember seeing a stereo system built like u were explaining... what are u driven now that ur 96 is wrecked?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts