VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been asking so many questions lately, and I really appreciate all your help. To add to that list I wanted to know where the oxygen sensor is located. Is this something that I could change myself?

The freakin dealer wont take my car in and change the o2 sensor or my window regs unless I have a letter saying that my GOlf 2000 1.8t has been recalled. What ASSholes!!

Let me know.

Thomas

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Here is your recall printout. Yes yes... you're welcome.

It doesn't look like your O2 sensor was recalled, but then again I could read it wrong. I posted that for your window regulators though. Take that and tell them to EAT IT!!!

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Do you know if there was a recall for the rear brakes on the VR6 too? I'm assuming there was because they're the same brakes. My rear ones went awhile ago and my fronts are just starting to go now. Woudl they have replaced them for free?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
Do you know if there was a recall for the rear brakes on the VR6 too? I'm assuming there was because they're the same brakes. My rear ones went awhile ago and my fronts are just starting to go now. Woudl they have replaced them for free?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't look like it Brett. Keep in mind that not all these are recalls, but also service records/issues recognized by the manufacturer, in this case VW.

For anybody else... to check your own service bulletins or recalls click on the link below. I posted that in the resource way back:

RECALL AND SERVICE BULLETINS

[ June 14, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
223 Posts
I would beleave so that the brakes were bad quality says a fellow employe that works at the local VW dealer he told me that the 99-01 models had bad breakes on them and the dealer was changing them at no cost to the customers because of bad quality pads & roators.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SilverstoneGTI:
I would beleave so that the brakes were bad quality says a fellow employe that works at the local VW dealer he told me that the 99-01 models had bad breakes on them and the dealer was changing them at no cost to the customers because of bad quality pads & roators.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

was the premature wear on brakes resolved for the 02's?

also thanks thomas for the recall info!!

[ June 14, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts