VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you? I am new to the VW forum but not the whole operation. I owned an Integra proir and now I'm trying to make up for past mistakes. Not to fault the Acura but just my modification decisions. On to my question. I am hesitant to install a P-Flow on my Jetta becase of the noise issue. Do the P-Flow's case the car to have the LOUD intake sound when you step on the gas? Personally I find that tiring and unecessary and that is the sole reason I got rid of my last car. After installing exhausts (fart can) and intakes and lowering it the damn thing was fun to drive every now and again but it really beat me up. So I'm trying to keep the VW quiet but as efficient (note: efficient not fast) as possible. The byproduct of an efficient car just may be a few gained hp's and there's nothing wrong with that, right?

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you want something quiet I would recommend going with an aftermarket RAM-air filter from Neuspeed or K & N or something, they just slip into the factory airbox and give you a couple hp in the process, that and they are only like $40.

OH AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yea, the K&N is the way to go.. don't even mess with the stock airbox, because it actually works really well at drawing in cool air.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts