VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a p-flow intake but im not sure how it will sound and how much hp i will gain, if any. I still want to hear the turbo so im not sure if the intake will drown out the turbo sound or make the turbo louder. Any comments would be helpful.

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dck:
I want to get a p-flow intake but im not sure how it will sound and how much hp i will gain, if any. I still want to hear the turbo so im not sure if the intake will drown out the turbo sound or make the turbo louder. Any comments would be helpful.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would personally NOT recommend that part for our cars. It tends to pull more hot air than cold. If you are looking to take the CAI route, opt for the EVO or one that pulls air from within the fender. Otherwise save your $$ for a chip to get some real gains. Just my .02

[ May 23, 2003: Message edited by: cyaneye ]

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I have read in eurotuner mag that with the right p-flo you gain more than a couple of hps.I will get back to you on which issue it is and what they used.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I have heard that you actually lose hp with p-flo. (on that note, you want to buy mine?) I dont know turbos all that well, I dont think the intake will drown out the turbo. if you want the pptsssss, sound, get a blow-off valve, or diverter valve-(I think the diverter valve is better, but like I said I dont know turbos). I would def recommend a cold-air intake (I have carbonio CAI, and love it. goes farther down than most CAI=more cold air). hope this helped.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I have a Neuspeed P-Flo and I defnitely wish I went with a Carbonio CAI. Try to go for the CAI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts