VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Beginner Mechanic right here! I've never really worked with cars before, but I've been able to change some parts using all the great guides here (thanks!) but of course I've also messed some things up (oops).

I've been getting various misfire codes when it rains and figured out it must be my coilpack. So as I'm changing the pack, I move over the secondary air pump and i hear something snap. Noooo! Luckily, it was just a hose (i thought). It was pretty brittle.. but I guess 12 years will do that. I taped it shut as I set out to finish changing the coil pack (no fun considering the stripped and rusted allens i found holding it down).

Take the car for a spin and discover a new fault code (p0171 - System Too Lean (Bank 1)). Off to Google I go!

Turns out the hose was the 'Air Pump to Valve'. Retails for a hefty 64$. Didn't think some plastic would be so expensive. Any way around getting a new part? Better tape job? Alternative part? If not, I might was well run to the dealership considering online prices are pretty similar.

Any help would be great!
Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts