VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do u think painting stock rims black would look. I have pearl blue 2003 gti 1.8. It sounds kind of ghetto but a couple people i know did it right and it looks hott.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Depends on the rims I guess. Which do you have?

edit: (hehe, thats what i get for looking for pics)

I've seen a few oem rims painted black. Most for track or winter mode though.

[ January 07, 2004: Message edited by: RafCarre12 ]

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
it think it would look better in a gunmetal more than as black.

but do what you want, cuz youre the one thats gonna be driving it

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Brian (SliverGTI) painted his stock wheels and they look good. Would be better to powder coat them, but if you DIY w/ spraypaint be careful and take the time to sand and do it good. Post up if u decide to do it yourself

G

·
0 Posts
i would powder coat them they would look alot better then spraying them...

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Old Skool MK2:
i would powder coat them they would look alot better then spraying them...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I 2nd that.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my friend seems to think they would look the same as powercoated when spayed paint but i beg to differ. What are the steps to paint them your self? Where can i get them powercoated at? I called all the local body shops and nobody does it.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Body shops typically don't powdercoat. The best bet would be to call some industrial metal shops, or contact somebody that makes nerf bar kits and roll bars, they will typically know a place with a powdercoating oven. My uncle could do it, but he's in Amarillo....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts