VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any other parts websites that anyone knows about besides the ones listed in the 1.8T FAQ section? I used to know how to get to Vortex's parts suppliers listings but I forgot how to get back; all I can get to now is the Vendor Marketplace.

·
Registered
495 Posts
just use google

·
Super Moderator
4,061 Posts
Are you talking about vortex's classifieds?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I have used google...first thing I did actually...google sucks ass...and no I didn't use the classifieds b/c usually its parts/cars others are selling.

Fubar, I have looked awhile since you know I've been hell bent on doing a Tranny swap and they make Short Shift Assemblys for other MK's (like the III) but there doesn't seem to be one for the MKIV...that I can find. Now it might seem like a stupid question an people are like "DUH, cut the shift lever down and then use a die to thread it again." (if you need threads for the shift knob) Well if i wanted to have my hand travel less distance then that would be correct, but if you put them side by side (original and aftermarket) you'll see a significant difference in the shift points/"leverage" which would give an even better shift feel which is what I'm ultimately looking for. Kind of like the difference in the shifting in a Honda and a Ferrari. The only place I've found one that looks half-way decent is RSD short shift kits But not sure if anyone has used them, and looks like from that list they dont even make one for a MKIV past '99.

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
knobs are usually changeable. i like the forge big knob. ive always wanted to do the tt shifter boot and console ring with a forge big knob.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are there any other parts websites that anyone knows about besides the ones listed in the 1.8T FAQ section? I used to know how to get to Vortex's parts suppliers listings but I forgot how to get back; all I can get to now is the Vendor Marketplace.
Hey I found this site... Welcome to VWPARTS4CHEAP.... i think their pricing is really good and they only carry OEM parts so having in consideration what i would pay on the dealers this is way better.
Let me know if you like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts