VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 passat 1.8T has been having lots of electrical issues lately. At night the little red lights on the steering wheel buttons flicker on and off. same with the lights on the door panels. Every now and then the automatic windows stop working (the windows will still roll down but they wont do it automatic, i have to hold the button) other times they work just fine. Recently though my driver door says it is open all the time. After getting very frustrated and slamming the door multiple times iv concluded that it is, in fact, shut. I gave up and now i drive to a constant Ding ding ding. Eventually the dinging stops and the screen display stops reading "driver door open"

but im not a very patient person and the dinging is driving me insane. if anyone can help me out i would greatly appreciate it

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Um. Slamming the door is not going to help. the problem is the Convenience Control Module CCM. What happens in the B5/B5.5s is the this in the area where the battery sits, there are drain holes. These drain holes get clogged forcing the water to overflow the firewall and leak into the cabin and eventually drain down into the "bucket" that is under the drivers floor. This is where the fine German engineers thought it would be best to mount such an electronic device. Anyhoo, pull back the carpet and you will see that it is wet underneath. Get the part number off of the CCM and get a new one. Odds are it will have to be programmed for the options that are in your car, but anyone with a vagcom can do that. oh and don't forget to pull those rubber grommets out of that place where your battery is. There also is a chance that the drain for your sunroof is clogged also. be sure to clean those out.

Below is the thread where I had the same problem. Good Luck!:

Bad CCM?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts