VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey...my names phil. im a 17 y/o whos been lusting after veedubs for 17 years now...lol. i finally got one (as my first car none the less)! but its a little lacking in the engine dept. i was hoping some1 could give me ideas for an engine swap on a 2.0L '96 Passat GLS. thanks to all who can help...and "hi" to all those in the allentown area. ull see my veedub rockin around soon enough. look for photos soon.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phil DeAlmeida:
hey...my names phil. im a 17 y/o whos been lusting after veedubs for 17 years now...lol. i finally got one (as my first car none the less)! but its a little lacking in the engine dept. i was hoping some1 could give me ideas for an engine swap on a 2.0L '96 Passat GLS. thanks to all who can help...and "hi" to all those in the allentown area. ull see my veedub rockin around soon enough. look for photos soon.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Engine swap for your 96 2L Passat? Go buy a MK2 Golf.. and swap the motor from your Passat into it. Probably the best thing you can do with it.

Had to be a smartass. On a serious note. Look into turbocharging it. Start at vwturbo.com and look around. Really the only motor swap upgrade for your car would be a VR6... at which point I ask why you didn't just get a VR6 Passat in the first place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey...yeh i might actually just do that n turbo it. i wanted a vr6 but couldnt really find in my budget. i only paid 4K for mine n it has 50K miles n no major problems.(kant really beat that price!) plus i lways really like that passats, i mean jettas are crazy nice n so are the golfs but corrados n passats are my fav n i couldnt afford a corrado so thanks all the same

1 - 3 of 3 Posts