VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there was already a topic on this, but this is for a 2001.5 Passat (sames as 2002 and beyond.) My day running light is out..is this an Auto Zone available (just the bulb) or is it a sealed thing that I can only get from VW. The regular light (the other side that comes on with the headlight switch) seems easily replace but the other one looks sealed. Please..any advice would help.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well,It sounds like the bulb is burnt out.Or you could check your fuses. Another thing you could do is bring it to autozone and ask an employee about it.

Also WELCOME TO VWF!!!!!!!!! ( Anu pictures of the ride?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gazoo66:
I know there was already a topic on this, but this is for a 2001.5 Passat (sames as 2002 and beyond.) My day running light is out..is this an Auto Zone available (just the bulb) or is it a sealed thing that I can only get from VW. The regular light (the other side that comes on with the headlight switch) seems easily replace but the other one looks sealed. Please..any advice would help.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your Daytime running lights should be just a regular bulb. It should be a cheap fix or as you called an "Auto Zone fix" Your main headlight bulb (H.I.D)would most likely be replaced by the dealership unless you know where to get the HID bulbs cheaper. I haven't had to change mine yet (knock, knock) but I've heard they last up to five years

1 - 3 of 3 Posts