VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Girlfriend has an 02 Passat GLX. It sat for a while and the battery went dead. The alternator went bad too. There was a security device wired in to the main electrical harness that went bad and kept shutting off the car and drained the battery while the car was off. Had a buddy put in a new alternator for me, but he didn't wire the ground correctly.

Car stopped working all together. Volkswagen dealer installed a new starter, rewired the alternator, took out the security device and put in a new ignition switch. The car starts and runs now, but there are other problems. They include:

ABS (yellow) light is on constantly
BRAKE (Red/flashing) is on constantly
Car beeps annoyingly at start
Acceleration spotty. From a dead stop, it is almost as if the car has 30-80 less horsepower than it should. If you let up on the pedal and press back down (as if it were a manual) the car acts normally again.

Can someone please help?

·
Registered
10 Posts
ABS and brake light are due to low brake fluid usually. Or the brake fluid sensor has went bad.

The beeps go along with the brake error.

And the other problem could be the fuel pump. I mean you did have an electrical problem... Is the check engine light on? If so go get the codes checked.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts