VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of lowering springs can i put into a 92 passat gl without having to change from stock shocks? Help could save me alot of cash. Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
why will no one answer my question? I really need to know becaus ei am picking up this car in a couple weeks. I need help

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I don't know if many people on here are familiar with the B3 Passat man. If you want to run stock struts with lowering springs, don't go to low...they aren't designed to be run with lowering springs.

Your best bet would be to buy a Cup kit (Matched Springs and Struts) so that you have a controlled lowering amount and the struts are built to handle it.

You could probably run stock struts with a set of Neuspeed SofSport springs, if they still make em, that is.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot man. At least you put in some effort. I find alot of people wont answer questions around here and it pisses me off. whateves.

·
Registered
573 Posts
No need to get pissed off. Unfortunately, the B3 Passat community around here is pretty anemic, so it may take some extra patience to seek help in answering any questions you may have. Nonetheless, you're better off here than trying to get help from some Whoretex'ers. Welcome!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Passat Suspension...

Just saw your question about springs and struts for your Passat..
I have a 91 Passat 16V and I put in Weitec springs 60/40 on stock struts and they only lasted for 3 months after that. So my solution was replacing the struts with Boge Turbo Gas. The reason I went with the Boge Gas is because I get an wicked discount on them through my supplier.
If you plan on going with any lowering spring on stock struts, start saving for new struts cuz you will be doing the job again very soon.. :cry:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts