VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it's the same as my car which it probably is all you do is take out the coolant thermostat at the bottom of the radiator, or remove the bottom hose that goes to it. I don't know how this will affect the leak stop you put in there my guess is that it wont affect it. Oh and Welcome!!

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
1. Pull the lower rad hose and drain the coolant (don't lose the o-ring).

2. Open the expansion tank and run water in to it with a hose.

3. Start the car up and let the car idle.

4. Check the coolant/water coming out, if it is dirty continue with flushing. Stop the car when crystal clear.

5. Now connect the hose back and fill the tank to max with just water, but leave the cap off. Run the car until the thermostat opens up. You can tell it opens up when the lower hose becomes hot. Usually opens around 90 C. After it opens check the coolant and see if it is blue. If it is repeat both flushing steps stated above again.

6. When it is crystal clear, drain the system and fill with your mixture of coolant.

I would get some Dex-Cool from Wal-Mart or something, the OEM G12 is kind of expensive.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought 93 vr6 Passat,radiator started leaking pretty bad but lucky I was in c.tire
paking lot so ran in got some stop leak worked great so drove home,so figured I might as well check on it and do a coolant change but did not find a radiator cap or coolant tap on radiator so this is it,how do I FLUSH this sucker and refill and also can I use canadian tire coolant or?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts